We love hearing from firefly fans, scientific researchers, members of the press, conservation organizations, and more. Get in touch with us regarding:
Speaking engagements. Our founder, Ben Pfeiffer, travels throughout Texas to educate volunteers, families, Master Naturalist chapters, and the general public regarding firefly conservation. If you’d like to request a speaking engagement, please get in touch.
Research inquiries. Ben’s research spans categorization of firefly taxa, water table decline, light pollution, and native plants that encourage fireflies. If you are a scientist with a research question or collaboration idea, let us know how we can help.
Press inquiries. Writing a story about fireflies? Ben has served as an expert source for numerous
Firefly questions. Tell us about your firefly sightings—this data helps us map the distribution of species. And if you have a firefly question we haven’t answered on this site, feel free to ask! We love answering questions.
Charitable donations. Please consider making a donation to Firefly.org. Your tax-exempt charitable donation funds our research, supports our speaking engagements, and keeps this website going. We thank you deeply for all your help.
Contact us by emailing us at:
Ben Pfeiffer will be speaking at the following events this coming year. More dates will be added as they are scheduled. Ben will be presenting his research on Texas firefly taxa, conducting research in the field for both firefly seasons (spring & fall for Texas), educating volunteers, TPWD staff, children, and Master Naturalist chapters. If you have the chance to see him at one of the presentations, please be sure to say hello before or after the presentation. All presentations open to the public unless noted.
- October 19,
2019@ 1pm– Texas Master Naturalist Annual Meeting in Rockwall, Texas. Speaking in Room: Bell Harbor C
- October 12, 2019 @ 10am – Wild Birds Unlimited in New Braunfels, next to HEB off Hwy 46 – Presenting on fireflies in the Edwards Plateau region of Texas.
- October 6, 2019 @ 3-6pm – New Braunfels Science Fest – New Braunfels Farmers Market Ground. STEM education event for kids and adults.
- July 15, 2019 @ 6:30pm – Gardening for Fireflies – Comal County Master Gardeners. Meet at GVTC Auditorium.
- June 20,
2019@ 7pm– Fireflies of Central Texas – Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne, TX. A firefly walk and field ID at centerwill follow directly afterward.
- May 17, 2019 @ 7:30pm – Advanced Texas Firefly Field Identification & Survey. Guadalupe River State Park at Honey Creek. Meet at Rust House at 7:30. Call park headquarters to RSVP.
- May 16, 2019 @ 6pm – “Central Texas Fireflies – Advanced Training” – Lindheimer Chapter Master Naturalist Meeting. Tye Preston Memorial Library.
- March 23, 2019 @ 2:10pm – “Fireflies of Texas & Native Plant for Fireflies” – NPSOT Spring Symposium at Lady Bird Johnson Center. Main auditorium. Register for
eventat NPSOT.org or get location information at Wildflower.org
- October 20, 2018 @ 2:15pm – NPSOT Annual Symposium – More info here: https://npsot.org/wp/symposium2018/
- October 27, 2018 @ 2:15pm – Texas Master Naturalists Annual Meeting – More info here: https://txmn.org/2018-annual-meeting/
- March 4, 2017 @ 2pm – Kerr Wildlife Management Center
- April 22, 2017 @ 9-3pm – Earth Day – Firefly educational table at Tye Preston Memorial Library, Canyon Lake, Texas. Open to the public all day.
- April 25, 2017 @ 7pm – Texas Outdoor Womens Network
- May 5-7, 2017 – Texas Pollinator Powwow – Speaker & Exhibitor – Fireflies of East Texas and other regions. See more here: TexasPollinatorPowwow.org
- June 22, 2017 @ 7pm – Hays Co. Master Naturalists at Freeman Ranch, San Marcos, Texas
- June 28, 2017 @ 7pm – Capital Area Master Naturalists (CAMN) at Austin Nature Center, Austin, Texas
- September 9, 2017 @ 7pm – Native Plant Society of Texas, Wildscapes Workshop, Houston, Texas
- May 3, 2018 @ 7pm – Presenting on Central Texas Fireflies – River Chase Clubhouse @ River Chase Subdivision, New Braunfels, Texas